Sleep apnea is the most serious disorder which occurs in a patient on a daily basis. The interruption in breathing while sleeping is the main cause which is felt as a hindrance in an off-the-cuff nap or a proper sleep. People usually do not take these sleep habits, which are actually symptoms of sleep apnea, very seriously and often make fun of the snorer. These small signs are usually avoided by people and ignored with the “everybody snores“. But, short breathing may be a cause of sleep apnea as – pauses may occur hundreds of time at once, haunting the person with spoiled natural sleep rhythm.
Obstructive sleep apnea is the most common type of disorder caused by the blockage of the airway which results in pauses while breathing or loud snoring. Sleep Apnea only occurs when people are in sleep and there are certain sleep apnea solutions which would help in the treatment of the disorder.
This is a disorder which should not be neglected and should be taken care of as it can lead to oxygen deprivation. Convincing a person to get sleep apnea treatment can be tough as identifying it can be challenging. Because to observe the symptoms the other person has to stay awake and take notes while the other person is asleep. There are some symptoms of which are mentioned below which could point to the disorder and require sleep apnea treatment.
- Loud snoring
- Choking or gasping when the person is asleep.
- Waking up at night after short intervals
- Breathing pauses
Change in the lifestyle would help in managing the disorder. There are certain daily lifestyle changes which a person should follow who are suffering from this irritable and unavoidable problem.
- Weight loss
- Avoid the use of sleeping pills, sedatives and other medicines which work as the alternative of natural sleep.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol
- Try to maintain consistent sleep hours
- Avoid heavy meals
Bedtime hacks can also be experimented to reduce sleep apnea symptoms.
- Sleep in proper position and on one side
- Exposed the nasal passages by the use of nasal drops or almond oil
- Try to keep your mouth close while sleeping
- Singing is one of the alternative remedies to reduce snoring
- Some throat exercise would be helpful in reducing the habit of choking or snoring while asleep.
In conclusion, remember one thing, sleep apnea is the root problem for 75% of all snorers. Sleep apnea solutions and treatment as mentioned above are necessary to combat the problem which can lead to major health issues if not treated properly.