Having a sound sleep is very important for everyone to have peace of mind and body. While many considered snoring problem as a way of inconvenience, when researched about the effects of snoring, there was endless discussion about the effects of snoring and the possible anti snore remedies and sleep apnea remedies available like the use of snore sprays, changes in lifestyle, etc.
As per the research numbers where 60% men over the age of 35-40 snore regularly, one can believe that it is a sheer way of disturbance caused by snorer and is like a benign sleeping habit. But, another fact also states that people whose snoring is because of sleep apnea have 40% greater chance of dying early than the rest. Hence, before we take for granted with respect to the effects of snoring, we should know the adverse effects it can have on one’s body leading to serious health issues.
Effects of snoring
For some, the snoring problem is mainly because of the structural defect or due to consumption of alcohol or smoking. But for many, it is an alarming signal, because of the obstructive sleep apnea issue. For such people who deal with regular long snoring noise, here are the effects of snoring on their body:
- Pressure on heart: Obstructive sleep apnea leads to high blood pressure and thereby it can lead to a burden on the heart. This increases the heart size, which in turn raises the risk for heart attacks and strokes. Hence, effective sleep apnea remedies should be considered.
- Arrhythmias: This health issue leads to fluctuation in the normal heartbeat, which leads the heart to beat fast, too slow or even irregular. This can lead to the cause of serious cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension: Due to irregular breathing, the effect of snoring is adverse to the body as it can cause restricted blood vessels inside the lungs, which can then lead to hypertension.
- Gastro diseases: Gastroesophageal Reflux Diseases is a severe digestive issue in which the stomach acid backs up and leads to irritation into the stomach inner linings. The changes in the pressure created due to irregular breathing cause the stomach acids to back up into the esophagus area creating a severe effect of snoring on the stomach.
- Frequent and long interruptions of breathing: This is the most common issue faced by the people suffering from sleep apnea. If pauses occur in the sleep for more than ten seconds at a stretch or for a repeated number of times, it leads to disrupt sleep plus repeated waking up which imbalances the sleep structure.
- Injury and risk to life: With the continuous disturbed sleep as an effect of snoring, people experience daytime sleepiness, which can make them feel irritated and exhausted. This can make them sleepy during driving and can lead to the high chances of accidents.
- Mental health imbalance: Effect of snoring like crankiness, depression, high blood pressure, daytime sleepiness, anxiety are some of the serious mental issues which are caused in the person suffering from sleep apnea.
- Overweight: Due to the extra weight near the neck area, the issue makes the passageway narrow and leads to snoring problem. For temporary relief, one can use snore spray to reduce the snoring noise. People suffering from nasal congestion can also use it.
- Lower sexual interest: The louder the person snores, the lower level of sexual satisfaction he or she will have. It is because of the effects of snoring which leads to a decrease in interest. Sleep apnea remedies or usage of snore spray or proper snore treatment can help the individual.
- Headaches: Most of the regular snorer gets up with a headache in the morning. Sleep apnea, which leads to disturbed sleep, results in frequent headaches leading to poor quality of life.
Anti-Snore Remedies and Sleep Apnea Remedies
Of all the severe effects of snoring discussed above, it is a proven fact that snoring is not a casual thing but needs immediate action to improvise the health and quality of life. Here are some simple sleep apnea remedies, which will work as a perfect anti snore remedy.
- A healthy life and weight: Obesity in the upper body and near the neck is the main cause of snoring and sleep apnea and hence, the weight should be maintained. This will reduce the obstruction and reduce breathing issue.
- Proper sleeping position: As simple as taking care of the sleeping position is like one of the best anti snore remedies and even sleep apnea remedy. Sleeping on the back increases the narrowness and restricts the airway leading to snore problem. Sleeping sideways can reduce symptoms and hence, work as one of the best anti snore remedies.
- Humidifiers and snore sprays: Dry air irritates the airway and the respiratory system and hence, using humidifiers can open the passageway and help in diminishing the congestion. For the people who have nasal congestion, using any type of snore spray is also like one of the best anti snore remedies to free up the airway to reduce breathing issues.
- Reducing or quitting smoking and alcohol: This will be like the best anti snore remedies and sleep apnea remedies one can adopt. A strong lifestyle change like quitting smoking and alcohol will reduce the symptoms drastically.
- As alcohol relax the throat muscles thereby triggering snoring due to the narrow passage. The inflammation created with the consumption of smoking also worsens the snoring problem.
- Yoga as a regular exercise form: As snoring and sleep apnea is associated with the reduction of the oxygen level into the blood vessels, yoga is like a dual remedy- both anti snore and sleep apnea remedy. Yoga increases the energy level, makes the heart strong and improves the respiratory system.
Hence, without considering it a minute thing, one should start looking out for the best anti snore remedies or sleep apnea remedies to apply the same to make life healthy and body at peace.
For those who always considered snoring as a normal habit, check out these ten major effects of snoring on health leading to serious health issues. Here is the list of simple anti-snore remedies as well as sleep apnea remedies to adapt and help reduce the effect of snoring for better living.